UPDATE ON SEWER CONSTRUCTION IN THE ROGERS ROAD AREA
November 17, 2017
The contractor for the Historic Rogers Road Area sewer installation began work in late September. We estimate that the work will be complete in the summer of 2018, but weather and other conditions may affect the contractor’s progress. The sewer that has been installed, to date, is shown in red on the map on the below.
Order of work: Please see the map below. Over the next month, the contractor will be continuing to work in the areas (shown in blue) near Merin Road, Eubanks Road, and south of Tallyho Trail. The map lists the expected dates of the future phases of work, and these dates will be updated as work progresses. Please be aware that our estimates of when the contractor will work in a given area are subject to change due to weather, etc.
How the work may affect you:
- In some locations, the contractor will work in “easements” in off-street areas. A sewer easement is an area on private land where OWASA has the right to make improvements; do repairs, maintenance and inspections; and maintain clear access. The easement means there are some restrictions on how a landowner can use land covered by an easement.
- If sewer pipes will be installed on your property, Orange County has acquired an easement from you.
- When the contractor works in the street right-of-way, traffic may be limited to one lane near the work area. We will maintain access for emergency and service vehicles at all times.
- If the contractor must block access to your driveway to install a sewer, the contractor will notify you in advance.
- There will be noise, dust and mud. The contractor’s normal work hours will be 7 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday.
- If it is necessary to interrupt any utility services, we will notify you in advance if the interruption is planned. If the interruption is not planned, we will work with the utilities involved to restore service as soon as possible.
We know this sewer project has been a long time coming, and we look forward to its completion and the opportunity to provide public sewer service to you. If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this sewer project, please contact me at the number or email below.
For more information:
- Allison M. Reinert, P.E., Utilities Engineer ,919-537-4229 or email@example.com
- Mary Darr, P.E., Director of Engineering and Planning, 919-537-4246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
November 17, 2017 update
October 11, 2017 update
September 15, 2017 update
Invitation to the groundbreaking ceremony on June 20, 2017
October 9, 2015 update
November 23, 2015 update