OWASA continued to meet or surpass all Federal and State standards for drinking water quality in 2016.
OWASA recently mailed its annual water quality report card, for calendar year 2016, to all accountholders. The report is also available on request to OWASA at 919-968-4421 or firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking here.
“We want to assure our customers that the OWASA Team works hard to provide safe, high quality drinking water as a top priority,” said Ken Loflin, Water Supply and Treatment Manager. “We continue to test our drinking water for any customer on request at no charge, and we invite anyone with questions or comments about our drinking water to contact us at 919-537-4228 or email@example.com. We also invite customers to visit the drinking water section of our website at http://www.owasa.org/drinking-water.”
The water quality report includes information about:
- the results from laboratory testing of OWASA water for more than 150 substances,
- the community’s water sources,
- watershed protection,
- drinking water treatment processes,
- testing for lead,
- OWASA’s water characteristics such as mineral content and pH,
- information about replacing rubber items such as toilet flappers with items which are suitable for water systems that disinfect water with a compound of chlorine and ammonia (“chloramines”), and
- information of the need to choose brass with a low percentage of zinc or which is dezincification resistant.
The Laboratory staff at OWASA’s Jones Ferry Road Water Treatment Plant in Carrboro follows Federal and State standards for testing water and the Laboratory is certified by the State of North Carolina.
For more information
Ken Loflin, Water Supply and Treatment Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-537-4232
Katie Harrold, Laboratory Supervisor at the Water Treatment Plant, email@example.com or 919-537-4227