October 6, 2017
COMPLETION OF SEWER REPAIR ON PRESTWICK ROAD DELAYED
UNTIL THE END OF NOVEMBER
Completion of the repair of the critical sewer line along Prestwick Road has been delayed until the end of November and may not be complete until December depending on our ability to repair unexpected failures in the pipe. The condition of the buried pipe was worse than anticipated and has required additional effort. Our contractor has worked diligently to complete construction on schedule but the remaining work cannot be accelerated because of the length of time it takes to make and install the materials we need to fix the pipe.
As shown in the map below, Prestwick Road will remain closed until the end of November at the earliest when the project is complete. However, our contractor will begin to move the black plastic pipes and equipment out of the parking lot next to Aloft Hotel and the East 54 parking deck once that part of the work is complete. This should be done before the end of October and we are working to be out of the parking lot within the next 7 to 10 days. This will help us reduce our impact on the neighboring area.
How the work may affect you
- During the lining work, there will be plastic and ammonia-like odors close to the construction area while the lining hardens.
- Construction will continue to impact drivers on Prestwick Road and pedestrians along NC 54 and Prestwick Road. Prestwick Road will be closed to through traffic east of Hamilton Road as shown on the map below.
Construction will continue to impact drivers on Prestwick Road. Prestwick Road will be closed to through traffic east of Hamilton Road.
The large black plastic pipe on top of the pavement will continue to carry wastewater around the repair area. This line will be protected throughout the project by concrete or plastic water filled barriers. If you have any questions, concerns or comments about the pipe, please contact Simon Lobdell immediately at 919-537-4247 or email@example.com.
How the work may affect you
- Construction will impact drivers on Prestwick Road and pedestrians along NC 54 and Prestwick Road. Driving ramps will be available for access to the lower parking deck through the Aloft driveway and pedestrian ramps will be available along the south side of Prestwick. While the ramp is being built, only the parking garage entrance off Preswick will be open.
- A large black plastic pipe on top of the pavement will carry wastewater around the repair area. This line will be protected throughout the project by concrete or plastic water filled barriers. If you have any questions, concerns or comments about the pipe, please contact Simon Lobdell, PE, Project Manager, immediately at 919-537-4247 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If there are unplanned interruptions of utility services, we will work with the utilities involved to restore service as soon as possible.
- There will be noise, odor and mud, but we will comply with the Town’s noise ordinance. Work hours will typically be from 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
- However, at least twice during the project, work will have to occur at night and this will involve noise and odor. We will send an update when the night work is scheduled.
Comments or questions? For future updates
Please feel free to contact Simon Lobdell, PE, Project Manager, at 919-537-4247 or email@example.com whenever you have any questions or comments.
If you have questions about the Town’s construction, please contact Ran Northam, Town of Chapel Hill Communications Specialist, at (919) 969-4878.
We ask you to share your e-mail address with us if you received this notice in paper form. We strongly prefer e-mail because it saves postage, paper and time and it enables us to reach you quickly if necessary.
If you have renters at your property/ies near our project, please ask them to contact us if they have questions or comments or wish to be on our distribution list for future updates.
Project notice on June 21, 2017
Update on August 8, 2017
Update on October 6, 2017