Water is a precious resource and a crucial part of our community's quality of life.
An adequate supply of safe, quality drinking water and the proper collection and treatment of wastewater are essential for:
- the public health and safety (including fire protection);
- protecting local and regional water resources;
- support of our local economy and employment;
- support of the public, private and non-profit services (businesses, schools, health care facilities, other public institutions); and
- public recreation including aquatics.