On or about Monday September 16, 2019 a contractor working for OWASA will begin work to replace our water pipe along Barclay Road as shown on the attached map.
What the work will involve
The work will involve digging a trench and installing new 6” diameter water pipe in Barclay Road and Weiner Street, installing OWASA service pipes to carry water from our new main to our meters, connecting the new main to other mains in our water system, and restoring the pavement where we installed pipes, etc.
How the work may affect customers in the area
- Noise, dust, and mud – The work will involve noise, dust and mud. Our normal working hours will be Monday through Friday 7AM to 7PM.
- Traffic and parking impacts – Traffic may be slowed in the area, also expect intermittent detours along the southern portion of Barclay Road. Parking along the southern portion of Barclay will also be monitored and limited in the immediate area of construction.
- School and Public Bus Route Impacts – Please contact the Town of Chapel Hill Transit and Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools Transportation for up to date information regarding any bus route or stop changes.
- Water service interruptions – We will need to temporarily interrupt service to customers along the new water pipe when we connect it to our meters. We will give advance notice to affected customers.
- Rough pavement/driving impacts – The pavement over our work area may be initially rough and bumpy until we complete the restoration with the final layer of asphalt.
- Potential unplanned service interruptions for other utilities – We do not plan to interrupt other utility services, but if there are unplanned service interruptions, we will work to restore service as soon as possible.
For more information
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments and if you would like to receive future updates by e-mail. To sign up for e-mail updates please click here. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding as we complete this work.
Coleman Olinger, P.E., Project Manager, 919-537-4249 or firstname.lastname@example.org