The OWASA Board of Directors normally meets at 6 PM on the second Thursday of the month in the Community Room on the lower floor of our Administrative Building, 400 Jones Ferry Road, Carrboro; and at 7 PM on the fourth Thursday in the Chapel Hill Town Hall, 405 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. The Board of Directors does not meet the fourth Thursdays of November and December due to the holidays.
- The Board of Directors appreciates and invites the public to attend and observe its meetings.
In business meetings, public comment is invited by petition to speak on topics either on or not on the Board's agenda.
In work sessions, public comment is invited to speak on topics on the Board's agenda.
- Speakers are invited to submit more detailed comments via written materials, ideally submitted at least three days in advance of the meeting to the Clerk to the Board via e-mail or US Postal Service (Andrea Orbich/400 Jones Ferry Road, Carrboro, NC 27510).
- Public speakers are encouraged to organize their remarks for delivery within the four-minute timeframe allowed each speaker. Additional time may be allowed at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
The agenda and related reports for Board meetings are generally posted on our website by Monday afternoon before a Thursday night Board meeting.
The OWASA Board has Committees consisting of Board Members to assist in their work. The Committees are Executive, Finance, Natural Resources and Technical Services, Community Engagement, Human Resources and Nominating. Like Board meetings, Committee meetings are open for public attendance. Meetings are scheduled as needed. (Committee meeting times vary.) The agenda and related reports for Committee meetings are generally posted on our website two days before a meeting.
For additional information about Board and/or Committee meetings, please e-mail or call Andrea Orbich, Clerk to the Board, at 919-537-4217.
Televised/Streaming Meeting Information
Board meetings on fourth Thursdays can be viewed live:
- Televised on Time Warner Cable (Spectrum) channels 18, 97.4 and 1303
- Televised on AT&T U-verse channel 99. To view on U-verse, go to channel 99, select Chapel Hill Gov-TV and hit OK.
- Live Streamed on the Town of Chapel Hill website’s Board Videos page here.
Links to archived videos and audio of OWASA Board Meetings can be found below.
Windows Media Player is required to view the videos. This can be downloaded for free from the Microsoft website. See the minimum system requirements for watching the Archived video for further information. Or see streaming video support.