April 5, 2018 at 6pm at the Faith Tabernacle Oasis of Love Church Located at 8005 Rogers Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
More information on Blasting - Distributed April 3, 2018
Notice of Public Meeting on Construction Update
March 1, 2018 at 6pm at the Faith Tabernacle Oasis of Love Church located at 8005 Rogers Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27516
March 1, 2018 Meeting Summary | Pre-Blast Survey Map - Phase 1
UPDATE ON SEWER CONSTRUCTION IN THE ROGERS ROAD AREA
July 20, 2018
The contractor for the Historic Rogers Road Area sewer installation began work in September 2017. We estimate that the work will be complete in early 2019, but weather and other conditions may affect the contractor’s progress. The sewer that has been installed to date is shown in red on the map below. Please note that rock has significantly impacted the construction progress.
Order of work: Please see the map on the back. Over the next month, the contractor will continue to install pipe in the areas (shown in green) near Tallyho Trail and along Rogers Road. The map lists the expected dates of the future phases of work, and these dates will be updated as work progresses. Please be aware that our estimates of when the contractor will work in a given area are subject to change due to weather, etc.
Rock removal via rock grinding and hoe-ramming will continue throughout the upcoming month. Rock removal has slowed the progress of construction south of Tallyho Trail.
How the work may affect you:
- Traffic may be limited to one lane near the work area or closed with a detour. We will maintain access for emergency and service vehicles at all times.
- There will be noise, dust and mud. The contractor’s normal work hours will be 7 AM to 6 PM, Monday through Friday. Saturday work has been approved in certain locations throughout July and the beginning of August with the same contractor work hours.
How the new completion date may affect you:
- You may not be able to connect to public sewer until early 2019.
- Construction may be ongoing in your neighborhood longer than originally anticipated.
The construction sequence may have changed so please check the updated map below.
If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this sewer project, please contact me at the number or email below.
For more information:
- Allison M. Reinert, P.E., Utilities Engineer ,919-537-4229 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Darr, P.E., Director of Engineering and Planning, 919-537-4246 or email@example.com
June 22, 2018 update
May 18, 2018 update
April 20, 2018 update
January 19, 2018 update
December 18, 2017 update
November 17, 2017 update
October 11, 2017 update
September 15, 2017 update
Invitation to the groundbreaking ceremony on June 20, 2017
October 9, 2015 update
November 23, 2015 update