Our offices at 400 Jones Ferry Road, Carrboro, will close for the holiday on Monday, July 4th but OWASA personnel will be on call to respond to service interruptions, leaks in OWASA water pipes, wastewater overflows, etc.

Customers are welcome to call us at 968-4421 at any time. Personnel at our Jones Ferry Road Water Treatment Plant in Carrboro will receive after-hours calls because they are on duty at all times.

Customers may get account information or make on-line bill payments at any time through the Manage My Account link on our website. VISA and MasterCard are accepted.  

Customers may also get information about account balances, payment due dates, etc. by calling OWASA’s 24-hour Customer Service line, 537-4343. (It is necessary for a customer to use the 14-difit account number from her or his OWASA bill to use this line.)

Customers may leave bill payments in the box at the driveway in front of the OWASA Administration Building or in the box next to the front doors. The Administration Building is at 400 Jones Ferry Road, Carrboro (next to the Jones Ferry Road Water Treatment Plant). Customers are asked to include their account numbers on checks.

Lake recreation

University Lake will be open from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM for fishing, boating and other recreation from Friday, July 1st through Monday, July 4th.

The Cane Creek Reservoir will be open on Saturday as usual from 6:30 AM to 6:00 PM and for the same hours on the holiday Monday.

University Lake is on the west side of Carrboro and can be reached via Jones Ferry Road, Old Fayetteville Road and University Lake Road. The Cane Creek Reservoir is about eight miles west of Carrboro with an entrance to the recreation area on the north side of NC 54 just west of Stanford Road.

University Lake and the Cane Creek Reservoir are alcohol-free facilities. Small private boats (without gasoline engines) may be used in the lakes if brought in or on a vehicle and after being checked by a lake warden. Private boats should be cleaned before they are brought to either lake. Fees apply to lake use, boat and electric trolling motor rentals, private boat use, etc.

For more information: