Need Help Paying Your Bill?

If you are having difficulty paying your OWASA bill, the following are some options that may help.

What OWASA Can and Can't Do

OWASA is not legally allowed to discount its services or provide them for free. In certain circumstances, we can arrange to allow customers to pay their outstanding bills over time. Additionally, customers can get financial assistance through our Care to Share Customer Assistance Program, which is funded by voluntary donations and administered by the Inter-Faith Council for Social Service (IFC).

  • Payment Extensions
    Set up an installment payment agreement to pay a balance over time
  • Care to Share Customer Assistance Program
    The Care to Share program helps low to moderate income customers when they are temporarily unable to pay an OWASA bill.

Other Agencies That May Be Able To Help

  • Inter-Faith Council for Social Service (administers the Care to Share program and Orange County Social Services funds for our service area)
    110 West Main St.
    Carrboro NC 27510
  • Durham County Social Services
    919-560-8600 for families with no children in the home
    919-560-8301 if children are in the home
  • Salvation Army (Durham Office), 919-688-7306; or