Dobbins Dr. Water and Sewer Line Replacement
OWASA’s contractor has completed the installation of the new water line on Dobbins Drive (Phases 1 and 2 of the project). The contractor began in mid-May moving on to Phases 3 and 4 (see map below), which includes replacement of the sewer line in Dobbins Drive and next to Fordham Blvd.
The work will continue to involve digging a trench, installing new sewer lines in Dobbins Drive, installing new OWASA service connections to carry sewage to the new line, and restoring the pavement where new pipes are installed.
How the work may affect customers in the area:
The work will involve noise, dust, and mud.
Traffic impacts: Barriers will be installed along Fordham Boulevard for the contractor’s safety. The next phases of work will not impact traffic immediately until mid-summer. During the next two months work will occur mostly on Fordham Boulevard. The next two months will include:
- Preparatory work in front of Franklin Square for Phase 4 (no traffic impacts);
- Phase 3: work along Fordham Boulevard (Hwy 15-501) shoulder (work will occur during business hours, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.), but no lane closures expected;
- Beginning the week of June 15, the contractor will start Phase 4 work in the western portion of Dobbins Drive. During Phase 4, Dobbins Drive will be closed periodically during the workday (typically 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) to ensure the safety of the contractor and the general public. Traffic will be detoured through Summerfield Crossing and Foxcroft Drive during the work in Dobbins.
- This will require the detour be reinstated (see figures on back). The pavement over the work area may be initially rough and bumpy until final asphalt restoration has occurred.
- Phase 3: work along Fordham Boulevard (Hwy 15-501) shoulder (work will occur during business hours, 7:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.), but no lane closures are expected.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Contact Project Manager Simon Lobdell via email or (919) 537-4247