08 Jun Water pipe replacement begins on part of East Rosemary, Henderson and Hillsborough Streets
A contractor working for OWASA started work on Tuesday night, June 7th on a project to replace water pipes in part of East Rosemary, Hillsborough and Henderson Streets.
The purpose of the project is to maintain reliable water service including water for fire protection when needed.
The timetable below is subject to change due to weather and other conditions.
NIGHT WORK at two intersections in early to mid-June
- The contractor will start work at the intersection of Henderson and Rosemary Streets between 8 PM Tuesday and 6 AM Wednesday. The work in the intersection will take about 4 to 6 nights to complete. The contractor will not work on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The contractor will then work at the intersection of Hillsborough and Rosemary Streets. This work will also occur between 8 PM and 6 AM. The work in the intersection will take about 4 to 6 nights to complete, and the contractor will not work on Friday and Saturday nights.
The night work will involve closing lanes at each intersection, but through traffic will be maintained. Drivers are encouraged to use alternate routes.
DAYTIME WORK on parts of Hillsborough, Henderson and Rosemary Streets
- The contractor will then install new pipes on Hillsborough Street to a point north of North Street. This work will begin later in June and it should be complete by mid-August.
- The contractor will install new pipes on Henderson Street from Rosemary to North Street from mid-August to sometime in September.
- Pipes will then be replaced on East Rosemary from Henderson to Hillsborough Street. This work is to be complete in the spring of 2017.
In a given phase of the daytime work, the street section noted above will be closed to through traffic from 9 AM to 4 PM on Mondays through Saturdays. Only one street will be closed to through traffic at a time.
Residents and businesses in the project area, and emergency and service vehicles (such as refuse trucks) will continue have access. Driveway access will be affected when the contractor installs a pipe directly in front of a driveway, and the contractor will notify affected customers in advance.
For more information:
- Jeremy Fireline, P.E., Project Manager, 919-537-4249 or email@example.com
- Vishnu Gangadharan, P.E., Engineering Manager – Capital Projects, 919-537-4248 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project webpage: https://www.owasa.org/plans-to-replace-water-pipes-on-part-of-east-rosemary-henderson-and-hillsborough-streets